- 1 ITT Tech Warriors
- 2 ITT Tech Campus Closures
- 3 ITT Tech Fact Sheet & Timeline
- 3.1 ITT Tech Under Investigation by 13 U.S. State Attorneys General
- 3.2 ITT Tech Sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (NYSE Government Regulator)
- 3.3 U.S. NM State Attorney General King Sues ITT Tech
- 3.4 Consumer Finance Protection Bureau vs. ITT ESI
- 3.5 Department of Justice Investigates ITT Tech for Defrauding the Federal Government - Title IV Fraud/Federal Student Aid
- 3.6 Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) Writes Open Letter to ITT ESI CEO Kevin Modany
- 4 Resources
ITT Tech Warriors
We are a growing group of defrauded student debtors organizing with Debt Collective. You are not a loan. You can meet with other defrauded borrowers and alumni from ITT Tech. Join ITT Tech Warriors on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @ITTWarriors.
The creator of the ITT Tech Warriors Facebook group is Christina Hammond. Christina and Niki Howland were inspired by the student debt revolt lead by the Corinthian Collective student debt strikers well before the Corinthian College Chain declared bankruptcy. Many of the student's stories were so similar to what had happened to Christina and Niki at ITT Tech. So many victims from different for-profit colleges experienced very similar deceit, poor education and predatory lending. It has been the goal of Christina and Niki to raise awareness about the atrocities that ITT Tech commits against veterans, students, tax payers and government. It is imperative that the two student debtors also educate others about the student debt crisis and how it ruins lives. After seeing what was happening to the former students of the Corinthian College chain, the similarities of ITT Tech became very apparent.
As a result, Christina Hammond and Niki Howland formed ITT Warriors group where true ITT alumni, whistleblowers, former staff could come together and raise awareness about for-profit college fraud and fight against the injustice that ITT Tech has perpetrated against us. Right now, ITT Warriors, EDMC Revolutionaries and Everest Avengers are all fighting for the Free Education, class-wide student debt discharge for defrauded borrowers, to raise awareness about the Student Debt Crisis. There are thousands of members all organizing together and growing. ITT Warriors stand in solidarity with the Corinthian 15 Student Debt Strikers.
ITT Tech Warriors Admins:
- Christina Hammond
- Niki Howland
- Andrew Sabourin
- Joseph Daniel White
- Andie Conrad Watson
- Ronnie Godwin
- Jorge Villalba
ITT Tech Campus Closures
There has been very little mainstream news and announcements of ITT Tech campus closures. The Department of Education, ITT Technical Institute and other mainstream news are not covering campus closures as they should be. With the help of Debt Collective, Niki Howland wrote an investigative blog regarding ITT Tech campus closures and what you should do if your campus is closing. According to the Department of Education, you are not eligible for student loan forgiveness if you complete the program at your school. In this blog there are resources and options listed to help guide you through the process of the Defense to Repayment application[].
- ITT Tech Ft. Lauderdale, FL Closing September 7, 2015
- ITT Tech Durham, NC Closing June 8 2015
- ITT Tech Torrance, CA Closing June 8 2015
- ITT Tech Bradenton, FL Closing March 20, 2015
- ITT Tech Greenfield, WI Closing Decemmber 28, 2014
- ITT Tech San Dimas, CA Closing December 7, 2014
- ITT Tech Wyoming, MI Closing June 16, 2014
ITT Tech Fact Sheet & Timeline
ITT Tech Under Investigation by 13 U.S. State Attorneys General
ITT Tech is under investigation by 13 state attorneys general for lying to students, predatory lending, deceptive marketing practices, sub-par education and bloated job placement statistics.
ITT Tech Sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (NYSE Government Regulator)
June 2015, ITT Tech is currently being sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (an NYSE Wall Street government regulator), charging CEO Kevin Modany and CEO Daniel Fitzpatrick with fraud for lying to investors regarding it's PEEKS and CUSO predatory lending practices. They were also charged with not submitting their quarterly accounting to the SEC per regulation. This litigation is ongoing. $ESI Shareholder Stock has plummeted .
U.S. NM State Attorney General King Sues ITT Tech
On Feburary 2014, the New Mexico Attorney General King and three other state attorneys general, filed a civil lawsuit against ITT Tech They alleged that ITT Tech made misrepresentations to students, violated New Mexico law, and engaged in unfair, deceptive, and unconscionable acts and practices in violation of New Mexico’s Unfair Practices Act (“UPA”) in connection with the advertising, marketing, and selling of educational services to New Mexico consumers.
Consumer Finance Protection Bureau vs. ITT ESI
- February 2014, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) sued ITT for predatory lending, non-transferrable credits, deceptive marketing practices and bloated job placement statistics. The litigation is ongoing and CFPB is still accepting complaints from victims.
- in June 2015 Former CFPB Student Loans Ombudsman official, Rohit Chopra  sent a letter to ITT Tech's shareholders warning them it is "not properly managed" and without reform, "will continue to harm both its students and its shareholders."
"ITT marketed itself as improving consumers’ lives but it was really just improving its bottom line, We believe ITT used high-pressure tactics to push many consumers into expensive loans destined to default. Today’s action should serve as a warning to the for-profit college industry that we will be vigilant about protecting students against predatory lending tactics.” - said CFPB Director Richard Cordray on Prepared Remarks of CFPB Director Richard Cordray at the ITT Enforcement Action Press Conference Febuary 26, 2014 Reference Source
Department of Justice Investigates ITT Tech for Defrauding the Federal Government - Title IV Fraud/Federal Student Aid
- ITT ESI is under investigation by the Department of Justice for defrauding the federal government, accused of Title IV fraud (Federal Student Aid) This investigation is to determine whether ITT Tech has violated the False Claims Act. September 22, 2015.
- Janice Nottenkamper is a former Financial Aid Administrator for ITT Tech in Little Rock, AR. Ms. Nottenkamper is suing ITT ESI: CEO Kevin Modany, CFO Daniel Fitzpatrick and other executives for deceitful and predatory practices against students, fraud and predatory practices pushing students into high-cost private loans that were likely to default. This case is in current litigation. She is a hero and whistleblower.
--WikiNiki 13:10, 9 October 2015 (PDT)
Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) Writes Open Letter to ITT ESI CEO Kevin Modany
5/28/15 Durbin To ITT Tech: Stop The Hypocrisy & Give Student Their "Day In Court"
Senator Says While Company Demands Legal Protections In The Media, It Denies Same Rights To Students In The Fine Print
|Senator Dick Durbin to ITT ESI CEO Kevin Modany|
Kevin M. Modany
Chief Executive Officer
ITT Educational Services, Inc.
13000 North Meridian Street
Carmel, IN 46032
I am writing in response to your letter of May 29, which sought to respond to my May 28 letter to Mr. Feichtner.
If you are a defrauded student borrower, there are many resources available to you to dispute your predatory loans, private and federal. You will need to gather the necessary evidence and supporting documents for proof of your story.
- For private loans you can file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. You will be asked to upload supporting documents. You can also file a complaint with the CFPB against your college or loan servicer.
- For federal loans you can submit a Defense to Repayment app. If you are currently enrolled, or wages are being garnished, even if you are in good standing with your loans you can still submit your Defense to Repayment. For more information please visit:DTR in this wiki. For instructions and details on submitting your defense to repayment app please reference this wiki page For Profit Student Fraud
--WikiNiki 11:49, 9 October 2015 (PDT)